H1B Validity start period

KavithaSudharsan

Hi,

I came to US in 2007 and applied for H1B in 2008 and got approval in the same year.

I have the Validity start period from October 2008 to October 2011. Due to Pregnancy and recession during that period, I did not work from October 2008 to October 2010. My employer has taken a letter from me, Due to pregnancy, I have been on Leave.

I started working from October 2010 and there is no gap till now.

I applied for Extension in 2011 and got approval from October 2011 to Oct'2014.

My question is Will my H1B validity starts from October 2008 or when the payroll actually  starts i.e., from October 2010.

Your response is appreciated. Please resond.

Thanks

KS.

October 2008 to October 2010 --- What status you were in H1B?... if yes then that means for 2 years you were in H1b without getting paid. You cannot take 2 years leave for pregnancy. Please.

Are you serious? If all the above statement are true its very simple whatever it is you have exhausted your 2 years H1B status. It will be counted from oct 2008.

I am not sure who gave you the idea of going on pregnancy leave for 2years on H1B, but I hope you have paid your taxes.

Forget about the 2 years, since your visa will expire in Oct'2014 think otherways to stay here...

something like get your i140 approved. 

as mentioned " intricacies involved" please decide wisely. Good Luck.

Archived