H1 approved exten denied going for Mumbai visa stamping

ISHAHA

I recently got my H1 approved but extension denied. I am working for the same company for more than 3 years but company forgot to file H1 extension in time. Due to this i was out of status for 67 days.

I was told to get visa stamping due to consular processing with my H1 approved. My questions -

"What are my chances of getting visa stamped? What questions will visa officer ask?"

any response will be great.

thanks

Shaha

I recently got my H1 approved but extension denied. I am working for the same company for more than 3 years but company forgot to file H1 extension in time. Due to this i was out of status for 67 days.

I was told to get visa stamping due to consular processing with my H1 approved. My questions -

"What are my chances of getting visa stamped? What questions will visa officer ask?"

thanks

Shaha

No one can predict your chances.

thanks

Shaha

Just tell the truth why you were out of status and you are good to go. You didn't break any law.

ISHAHA

I recently gone through the same situation and got the visa successfully without much trouble, be sure to take all your employer related documents with your 1040, W2 and paystubs.

If they ask about your OOS period, then accept the mistake happened.bcos in your case 67 days is a big gap....

but there are cases people got visa stamping successsfully, It completely depends on the VO and that day......try your best and prepare all the documents!!!

ISHAHA

I recently gone through the same situation and got the visa successfully without much trouble, be sure to take all your employer related documents with your 1040, W2 and paystubs.

If they ask about your OOS period, then accept the mistake happened.bcos in your case 67 days is a big gap....

but there are cases people got visa stamping successsfully, It completely depends on the VO and that day......try your best and prepare all the documents!!!

@ISHAHA

I was in a similar situation a year ago. I had to go to Chennai for Visa stamping. In fact I was OOS for 72 days.. They did not ask me about OOS at all, instead were particular about Employee- Employer relationship, etc.. I was issued a 221g which eventually got cleared after 3 months.

I would say it would depend on the VO. All the best!! 

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to update my case and not leave it hanging. I went to consulate today and was issued the visa. Hopefully this helps those in similar shoes.

We arrived at the consulate around 10 am for 1030 meeting. It was around noon before my no was called. Both (I and my wife) went to the window.

VO - Good morning

ME - GM

VO - Can i see your passports

ME - handed them over

VO - Can i see your I797

ME - handed it over

VO - How do u work for

ME - .....

VO - How long have u worked for them

ME - started in ..... approximately.... years and .... months

VO - can i see your paystubs

ME - handed them over (remember i was working all the time, there was an error in filing leading to my OOS)

VO - do u have kids

ME - my wife is pregnant with 22 weeks (pointing to my wife...we all laughed and VO congratulated)...

VO - it seems that your kid is going to be a US citizen

ME - thanks...its a she...(we all laughed again)

VO - visa is approved...passport will be ready in 3 to 5 days

ME - thank you

we left with a big smile....

VO was typing all the time very quickly (seems that she was checking off things of standard form). We were out in a couple of minutes.

My companys immigration attorney had mentioned that my visit to reenter was just a formality to make things right. It sure felt like that.

Anyway, this would be my last consulate visit since my PD is current and company is filing adjustment of status next week.

thanks

I just wanted to update my case and not leave it hanging. I went to consulate today and was issued the visa. Hopefully this helps those in similar shoes.

We arrived at the consulate around 10 am for 1030 meeting. It was around noon before my no was called. Both (I and my wife) went to the window.

VO - Good morning

ME - GM

VO - Can i see your passports

ME - handed them over

VO - Can i see your I797

ME - handed it over

VO - How do u work for

ME - .....

VO - How long have u worked for them

ME - started in ..... approximately.... years and .... months

VO - can i see your paystubs

ME - handed them over (remember i was working all the time, there was an error in filing leading to my OOS)

VO - do u have kids

ME - my wife is pregnant with 22 weeks (pointing to my wife...we all laughed and VO congratulated)...

VO - it seems that your kid is going to be a US citizen

ME - thanks...its a she...(we all laughed again)

VO - visa is approved...passport will be ready in 3 to 5 days

ME - thank you

we left with a big smile....

VO was typing all the time very quickly (seems that she was checking off things of standard form). We were out in a couple of minutes.

My companys immigration attorney had mentioned that my visit to reenter was just a formality to make things right. It sure felt like that.

Anyway, this would be my last consulate visit since my PD is current and company is filing adjustment of status next week.

thanks

Congrats. Thanks for updating about your visa interview outcome. And, congrats for the baby too.

Archived