H1B transfer - got a I797B - and need a new I-94

akashponz

Hi,

I have my VISA valid till 2015 , but I recently changed my employer and transferred ( premium)my petition through my new employer. But I received a I797B for the new one. Now my employer is saying I need to go out of the country ( either to Canada or Mexico ) and return, so that a new I-94 will be issued.

I am wondering if this would be an issue at the port of entry ?

1. what if they ask me if I travelled out to get the new I-94? would I be in trouble if I say I yes ?

2. do I tell them I just went for a vacation ?

thanks in advance,

akash

Hi,

I have my VISA valid till 2015 , but I recently changed my employer and transferred ( premium)my petition through my new employer. But I received a I797B for the new one. Now my employer is saying I need to go out of the country ( either to Canada or Mexico ) and return, so that a new I-94 will be issued.

I am wondering if this would be an issue at the port of entry ?

1. what if they ask me if I travelled out to get the new I-94? would I be in trouble if I say I yes ?

2. do I tell them I just went for a vacation ?

thanks in advance,

akash

1. No trouble at all.

2. Tell truth.

I believe you dont have to leave the country immediately since you might have your previous I-94 valid till 2015 I guess...if thats not the case then yes, you'll need to leave the country and come back...dont worry you wont get any questions like that...in any case answer the TRUTH.

Archived