H1B Approved and Stamped In India

AmitMishra

Hi There,

I got my H1B petition filed in April 2013. I got it approved in May 2013 and have got stamping done in Sep 2013. My current employer is not sending me due to cancellation of the current assignement.

I have a question. Can i get the H1B tranferred from India to the another employer from India. I believe i don't have to go for stamping as i already have a stamp on my passport that is valid till 2016. Would there be any issue @ port of entry if i get the approval from some other company and stamp from some other company?

Please advise.

Thanks

Hi There,

I got my H1B petition filed in April 2013. I got it approved in May 2013 and have got stamping done in Sep 2013. My current employer is not sending me due to cancellation of the current assignement.

I have a question. Can i get the H1B tranferred from India to the another employer from India. I believe i don't have to go for stamping as i already have a stamp on my passport that is valid till 2016. Would there be any issue @ port of entry if i get the approval from some other company and stamp from some other company?

Please advise.

Thanks

Nope. You should be fine. Just travel with your unexpired H1B visa and show your new I797 at POE

Thanks a lot all of you. Just to reiterate what i understood from all of your response.

My new employer has to file for a new h1b petition (cap exempt as i am already cap counted). On the approval, i can travel to US with my old stamping and at the Port of Entry, i have to show my old stamp as well as my new i-797.

Please let me know if i missed anything here.

Thanks a lot all of you. Just to reiterate what i understood from all of your response.

My new employer has to file for a new h1b petition (cap exempt as i am already cap counted). On the approval, i can travel to US with my old stamping and at the Port of Entry, i have to show my old stamp as well as my new i-797.

Please let me know if i missed anything here.

Yes, that is correct. But, consult your new employer's legal team as pontevecchio has suggested.

Archived