H1b Visa Stamping - Canada

srp26

Hi,

Thought to share my H1b stamping experience in Canada with timelines.

Some brief about me - I was issued H1B on sept 2008 but i came to USA on July 2011 before H1B expire & further got extended till Sept 2014.

I have moved to company B with H1 & H4 transfer successfully on  July 2013. My qualification includes Graduate from India with 11+ experience with 2 years of USA experience & rest in India.

Decided to visit Canada for H1b stamping.

Timeline for Canada visitor visa,

09/05/2013 - Applied for Canada Visa on 09/05/2013 (Online)

09/20/2013 - Received email update to submit passport from Canada embassy

09/21/2013 - Submitted passports through USPS

09/23/2913 - Canada Embassy received passports

09/27/2013 - Received passport with Canada visitor visa (multiple) 3 years

Overall timelines were good for me.

Next is scheduling appointment for H1 stamping in Canada. Will keep posting my experience so that other can refer to it.

Regards,

srp26

Hi srp26,

Thanks for the post, it is very helpful.

I have applied for my extension and planning to visit Canada for stamping.

What documents do i need to apply on line for Canada visa? I was looking at one of the application question as : Under family information form: do i need to fill brother/sister /parents information still if they are not staying with me?

Is it possible for you to put it in step by step process that to be followed for Canada Visa? your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Will2day!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Will2day,

Was busy.

To your question, yes you have to mention all details & current address were they stay. I had mentioned all my family members with their current address. Most of them with Indian address.

Process is simple for online application. Application form forces u to put all details without which it wont allow you to proceed further.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

srp26

Hi srp26,

Thanks for the post, it is very helpful.

I have applied for my extension and planning to visit Canada for stamping.

What documents do i need to apply on line for Canada visa? I was looking at one of the application question as : Under family information form: do i need to fill brother/sister /parents information still if they are not staying with me?

Is it possible for you to put it in step by step process that to be followed for Canada Visa? your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Will2day

• 2 months later...

Archived