visa for 3 months but stamping at poe for 6 months

bvr312

Hi..

I am a doctor who came to US on B2 visa for giving an exam.

I got the visa for 3 months which will expire in october but at the port of entry I got the stamping for 6 months ie till jan.

According to the i 94 rules I can stay for 6 months but I have a doubt..

I gave my exam and got oppurtunities to observe under doctors here in US,

These observing oppurtunities are not like jobs and I wont be paid anything.I dint have these observerships when I applied for the visa.

I will be applying for the residency programs here in US and I have to be here if I get any interviews or if I am selected in the interviews.

I want to know if its ok if I stay here in US for 6 months and then apply for a visa again after jan from hyderabad.

I want to know if I will have any problem with visa application after jan. Because many people told me that I may have a problem and so I should go back in oct and then apply for the visa again and then I will get a multiple entry visa.

I really need help..

Thank you...

Hi..

I am a doctor who came to US on B2 visa for giving an exam.

I got the visa for 3 months which will expire in october but at the port of entry I got the stamping for 6 months ie till jan.

According to the i 94 rules I can stay for 6 months but I have a doubt..

I gave my exam and got oppurtunities to observe under doctors here in US,

These observing oppurtunities are not like jobs and I wont be paid anything.I dint have these observerships when I applied for the visa.

I will be applying for the residency programs here in US and I have to be here if I get any interviews or if I am selected in the interviews.

I want to know if its ok if I stay here in US for 6 months and then apply for a visa again after jan from hyderabad.

I want to know if I will have any problem with visa application after jan. Because many people told me that I may have a problem and so I should go back in oct and then apply for the visa again and then I will get a multiple entry visa.

I really need help..

Thank you...

I believe observing doctors in US during their work falls under B1 visa. You can not do that. Better to leave and apply for a multi entry visa

I believe observing doctors in US during their work falls under B1 visa. You can not do that. Better to leave and apply for a multi entry visa

Thank you Jairichi.

Could you please tell me if I can go back in oct 2nd week and come again in nov ending if I show that I have an observership from december 1st.

Will there be any problem in getting the visa..

Thankyou Jairichi

I have one more doubt.On my visa stamp the visa type is B1/B2, but on the stamp at the port of entry it is only B2.So is my assumption that I am in US on B2 visa only is right?

Archived