H4 Visa stamping Help

srikanth918

Hi,

This is Srikanth. I went through some topics in this forum but was not clear so I would explain my scenario and post my questions below.

I am Presently on H-1B with company A and have a valid visa stamping with company A until end of Nov 2014.

Meanwhile I got a better offer from campany B and they filed my H-1B and hence i have new I-797 with company B until Sep2014 but my stamping is still with company A valid until Nov 2014.

Now I want to get married in Nov/Dec 2013 and I am making plans to get my wife along with me in Dec 2013, for which she needs H4 stamping.

So here are the questions:

A. can i come back to US after marriage with company A H-1B stamp but working for company B?

B. With what company I need to process my wife's H4...Company A or Company B?

C. Is there any issue with my wife's H4 processing, as I will be working with company B but have Company A's H-1B visa stamp?

D. What i meant in question C is, can I have a company A H-1B stamp and my wife has company B H4 stamp and enter US at the same time..? would that cause any confusion to the immigration officer at POE?

I am little worried after reading the below topic in some other form:

Help appreciated

Thanks

Srikanth

Hi,

This is Srikanth. I went through some topics in this forum but was not clear so I would explain my scenario and post my questions below.

I am Presently on H-1B with company A and have a valid visa stamping with company A until end of Nov 2014.

Meanwhile I got a better offer from campany B and they filed my H-1B and hence i have new I-797 with company B until Sep2014 but my stamping is still with company A valid until Nov 2014.

Now I want to get married in Nov/Dec 2013 and I am making plans to get my wife along with me in Dec 2013, for which she needs H4 stamping.

So here are the questions:

A. can i come back to US after marriage with company A H-1B stamp but working for company B?

B. With what company I need to process my wife's H4...Company A or Company B?

C. Is there any issue with my wife's H4 processing, as I will be working with company B but have Company A's H-1B visa stamp?

D. What i meant in question C is, can I have a company A H-1B stamp and my wife has company B H4 stamp and enter US at the same time..? would that cause any confusion to the immigration officer at POE?

I am little worried after reading the below topic in some other form:

Help appreciated

Thanks

Srikanth

A. Yes, you can. You need to show H1B visa and company B's I797 at POE.

B. Since you are working for company B now it should be their documents

C. No

D. No problem. For H1B visa is not company specific. You can get visa for company A and still travel with it if your current I797 is for company B.

Hi Jairichi,

Thanks for the reply. I have a follow up question:

Q. What if company A revokes my H-1B when i work for company B and I am in India. Is this a valid case? If so what is the solution to it.

Thanks

Srikanth 

By law if you resign from company A or no longer work for them they have to request USCIS to revoke your H1B petition. This will have no effect on your current approved H1B petition or future cap exempt H1B petitions filed by prospective employers.

Archived