What happens if H1-B extension denies after 6 years completion

vbollu

Hi,

My name is Bollu. My H1-B visa is going to be expire in Jan 24 2014, I have filed an extension with I-140 approval. 

The question's that I have  is 

1)what happens if it doesn't get approve before my I-94 Expiration date? 

2) Is it legal to stay In USA with applied petition or will I become illegal after staying I-94 expiry date?

3) What happens if it get denied after I-94 expiration date

Please post the answers if any body knows.

Hi,

My name is Bollu. My H1-B visa is going to be expire in Jan 24 2014, I have filed an extension with I-140 approval. 
2) Is it legal to stay In USA with applied petition or will I become illegal after staying I-94 expiry date?

As long as a decision is pending on your H1B extension you will be considered in status. If extension is denied then you have to exit US.

1. Nothing, you can stay until some decision has been made

2. Yes

3. Out of status.

Bollu? Why do you think your H1B extension will get denied? If thats the case you'll have to leave the country not more than your I-94 expiry date.

Just in a case if some thing goes wrong, Planning to go on Premium but lawyer insisted me to go on regular process. Just to make sure that every thing will be ok even if I go through regular process.

Archived