Can I travel while my h1b-h4 application is pending?

dhan2java

Hello All,

I am filling for h1b-h4 conversion as my H1 might get cancelled.My question is can i travel (to my home country) when my h1-h4 applictaion is pending? Also what do i need to tell the consulate officer while i go for consular processing (if my application is pending)?

Thanks in Advance

Hello All,

I am filling for h1b-h4 conversion as my H1 might get cancelled.My question is can i travel (to my home country) when my h1-h4 applictaion is pending? Also what do i need to tell the consulate officer while i go for consular processing (if my application is pending)?

Thanks in Advance

If you travel then your change of status petition (H1B to H4) would be deemed abandoned.

Come on guys. Since you will come back based on a H4 visa leaving the country will not affect you. If you are planning this just leave and come back with the H4 visa instead of applying for a COS which costs money.

Exactly that is the point. If it is a COS as the petitioner leaves the country it is considered abandoned. Then OP has to apply for a H4 visa at US consulate and enter US. Our understanding was after H1B is canceled OP wants to stay in US for sometime (in legal status) and then want to make a trip to home country. In this case our answers were right. Is it not?

Archived