Uregent Question Related to H4 Visa for Kid

Vijitha.vinoj

Hi

Me and my husband are in US. My husband applied for his H1 extension and it is approved and  he received the documents.

My Kid is in India and she is planning to travel to US on 15-Sep-2013 with my relative

Questions

1 - Her visa is expiring on 29-Sep-2013. Can she travel to US with that visa? will they allow my kid inside the US? due to the less period of visa. ( i scan all my approved H1 documents and sent it to my relative )

2 - Do we have any time limt for filing the H4 visa extn (i-539)?

3 - Do we have H4 premium processing? I did not see anything like that in uscis

Note-I need to apply for H4 visa extn for my kid alone is it possible through premim processing

The way it works is that a person can come in within the validity of a H4 visa and will receive an I94 based on the latest H1 approval. She will need a visa in future for travel. You have to realize H4 only involves a visa to enter and status based on the status of the person in H1 status. There is nothing to extend. Do not forget to send a letter signed by both of you with details so that your relative is covered to bring your child over.

Hi

Me and my husband are in US. My husband applied for his H1 extension and it is approved and  he received the documents.

My Kid is in India and she is planning to travel to US on 15-Sep-2013 with my relative

Questions

1 - Her visa is expiring on 29-Sep-2013. Can she travel to US with that visa? will they allow my kid inside the US? due to the less period of visa. ( i scan all my approved H1 documents and sent it to my relative )

2 - Do we have any time limt for filing the H4 visa extn (i-539)?

3 - Do we have H4 premium processing? I did not see anything like that in uscis

Note-I need to apply for H4 visa extn for my kid alone is it possible through premim processing

(1) She should be fine to enter US with her existing valid H4 visa. She requires copies of all your documents.

(2) You have to apply for her H4 extension before her I94 expires.

(3) No premium processing.

Archived