Study on F2 visa

ddlj

Hello

I am on F2 visa in US. My husband is a F1 and very recently started his PhD. I am in the middle of my undergraduate level studies and I had to leave my home country to accompany my husband. As my husband badly needs me to be with him I want to stay here and complete my rest of the studies of undergraduate level. By law I am aware that F2 visa holders cannot study. But can I enroll in a 100% online Canadian university (where I can be enrolled anywhere from the world) ?? does it mean I will violate da law ?? I don want to violate any law that's why any useful insight on this matter is very appreciable. Thanks in Advance. 

The question is, is that online university accredited?

I rather doubt that.

Enrolling in any non-accredited institution would just mean throwing your money out the window.

yes the university is accredited. Its an online canadian university. Do you have any further advice for me ?

Why not study in this country? Your spouse will get many contacts doing his PhD. Online education is not so great as compared to an actual College which you attend.

If i want to study in USA then i have to do change of status from f2 to f1 and sometimes that takes more den 6 months. My another choice is i can go back to my country and then apply for a student visa. Which is very complicated as if they deny me the F1 student visa they can also cancel my existing F2 visa. and i dont want to risk dat. Dats why i am thiking of a canadian online university. Do you have any advice for me?

yes the university is accredited. Its an online canadian university. Do you have any further advice for me ?

Being an "online canadian university" doesn't mean anything. In particular, that is orthogonal to accreditation.

Most online "universities" are not accredited and are just diploma mills.

Find a real university in the US, e.g., the university where your spouse is, and change to F1 and enroll there.

Being an "online canadian university" doesn't mean anything. In particular, that is orthogonal to accreditation.

Most online "universities" are not accredited and are just diploma mills.

Find a real university in the US, e.g., the university where your spouse is, and change to F1 and enroll there.

The university is accredited my cousin has completed his bachelor in computer and information system. Now he is living and working (IT sector) in canada and also studying MSc part time in a tradition brick and mortar university. Actually i dont want study advice. I was hoping advice about the visa thing. If i study in a online university (in Canada) whether that will violate any law of F2 visa??

The university is accredited my cousin has completed his bachelor in computer and information system. Now he is living and working (IT sector) in canada and also studying MSc part time in a tradition brick and mortar university. Actually i dont want study advice. I was hoping advice about the visa thing. If i study in a online university (in Canada) whether that will violate any law of F2 visa??

Again, if your brother has studied there that doesn't mean it is accredited.

Care to tell us the name of the institution?

And once, again, you get "study advice", if you like it or not:

Find a brick-and-mortar US university. You get a better education there.

Archived