Visitor visa for parents

danga

Hi All

This is Sonia. I am applying visitor visa for my parents. I would appreciate your help for my below questions

1.       I am pregnant. Should my parents tell this as a reason in an interview?

2.       My father is retired govt. Servant but still he is working after retirement. Should he tell that he is working? Actually he is not earning much money from that job(INR 10,000 per month) as he is doing that just not to sit idle at home.

My mother is a homemaker

3.       There is a question in DC-160 form – Have you made specific plans for travel?

If we click yes then it asks exact arrival and departure dates and Flight#(optional).

My parents would like to come in Nov, 2013 and then would like to stay for 3-4 months.

What should they answer for the vine question about specific travel plans. Yes or No?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Hi All

This is Sonia. I am applying visitor visa for my parents. I would appreciate your help for my below questions

1.       I am pregnant. Should my parents tell this as a reason in an interview?

2.       My father is retired govt. Servant but still he is working after retirement. Should he tell that he is working? Actually he is not earning much money from that job(INR 10,000 per month) as he is doing that just not to sit idle at home.

My mother is a homemaker

3.       There is a question in DC-160 form – Have you made specific plans for travel?

If we click yes then it asks exact arrival and departure dates and Flight#(optional).

My parents would like to come in Nov, 2013 and then would like to stay for 3-4 months.

What should they answer for the vine question about specific travel plans. Yes or No?

Thanks for your help in advance.

(1) Your parents have to answer the truth to VO. But, with your reason I do not think they would get a visa. A visitor visa is for touristic purpose and not to help with delivering a baby or babysitting.

(2) Yes, he has to.

(3) If you have then write it down. Looks like you have specific plans.

My mother is a homemaker

1. If that's the reason then you have to. But with this reason getting visiting visa is very difficult.

2. Tell them what he is doing, that's not a big deal

3. just enter some random dates

Check these threads --

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/32292-moms-visa-interviewb2-in-hyderabad-222f-query/?&p=131081&fromsearch=1

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/34579-pregnancy-question-in-visitor-visa-interview/page-2?&

This is what an Attorney said (to a disliking of many self proclaimed experts) in one of the threads    " The key to this issue seems to be that they view it as ok to come help/support a daughter immediately before/after having a baby. But, it isn't ok if the plan is to come and take care of the baby so the mom can go back to work."

As Ponte suggested,  consult an Attorney.  Also,  make sure they do not plan to stay here for 6 months ....   a request for 1 -2  month stay is much easier. 

Check these threads --

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/32292-moms-visa-interviewb2-in-hyderabad-222f-query/?&p=131081&fromsearch=1

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/34579-pregnancy-question-in-visitor-visa-interview/page-2?&

This is what an Attorney said (to a disliking of many self proclaimed experts) in one of the threads    " The key to this issue seems to be that they view it as ok to come help/support a daughter immediately before/after having a baby. But, it isn't ok if the plan is to come and take care of the baby so the mom can go back to work."

As Ponte suggested,  consult an Attorney.  Also,  make sure they do not plan to stay here for 6 months ....   a request for 1 -2  month stay is much easier. 

Based on what chakrakr says, I feel if you have specific travel plans (like 2 or 3 months stay with two way tickets) made for them probably that might be helpful. Just my thoughts.

although what other posters have said..its still ILLEGAL for your parents to help you in your pregnancy...they are taking away the job here...and if they find out they will be barred into entering the country again...think twice.

Obviously they won't HELP her during the pregnancy ( that's doctor's job to do) , they will be staying their during the pregnancy.

Now that's upto VO whether he is issue visa or not.

although what other posters have said..its still ILLEGAL for your parents to help you in your pregnancy...they are taking away the job here...and if they find out they will be barred into entering the country again...think twice.

Do you claim to know better than Attorneys ?

No job is taken away .   I doubt if there is a business from where you can hire a mother .  Do you run such a business ?

BTW,  poeple here do other illegal things and enjoy Green Card :)

But why dont people understand that B1/B2 is a Visitor's visa...which means they come to the US, Visit places for pleasure and go back to their home country without flouting the rules of the visa.

Show me a rule where it says that B1 holder cannot cook a meal for her daughter ?  Or cannot comfort a pregnant daughter ?  Or cannot fetch a glass of water for a pregnant daughter ?  ....   What cannot be done is ,  if B1 holder sits here for months doing baby sitting .      Attorneys know a tad more than you and me

OP could be in her last month..and her parents could come for baby sitting

Are you a mind reader ?   

First,  OP did not mention if she is in last month or first month

Second,  even if she is in last month,   it is perfectly normal for a mother to comfort her daughter  and grand child for a month or two before and after pregnancy.

BTW,  since you claim to know more than Attorneys , challenging their post,  can you share your legal credentials -- Masters in Law -- I suppose :)

Archived