Going for Stamping before H1B start date

ashwin0808

Hi All,

I want to know if we can go for stamping before the H1B starts. I have a friend who got his H1B approved this year and he wants to go for stamping in mid week of september. Can you please let me know if this is an right decision or should he wait for his H1B to start and then he can go for his stamping.

Hi All,

I want to know if we can go for stamping before the H1B starts. I have a friend who got his H1B approved this year and he wants to go for stamping in mid week of september. Can you please let me know if this is an right decision or should he wait for his H1B to start and then he can go for his stamping.

You can go for H1B stamping anytime once your petition is approved. But, it is always suggested to enter US 10 days before your H1B start date

@jairichi: will it be same kind of questions? I don't have 1 or 2 years of pay stub as I just joined my employer and started working from January?

Mostly it will be the same questions. If your current employer is the one who had filed for your 1st H1B petition and if you have started working for them from January you should be fine. Just carry pay stubs from the day of your employment to till date. Good luck

@jairichi: Thanks. I was working with my employer but I was working at Client location. 1 last question. I was working till august 18 as my CPT was till that time. Now I have grade period F1 till October 1st so I can not work till oct 1st. I have stamping on 19th sep. What will i answer if VO ask me if I am working? Technically I can not . really strange situation for me. confused please help .fyi I have client letter from my recent client showing I am on project till 2016. 

@jairichi: Thanks. I was working with my employer but I was working at Client location. 1 last question. I was working till august 18 as my CPT was till that time. Now I have grade period F1 till October 1st so I can not work till oct 1st. I have stamping on 19th sep. What will i answer if VO ask me if I am working? Technically I can not . really strange situation for me. confused please help .fyi I have client letter from my recent client showing I am on project till 2016. 

I can not answer your questions regarding CPT. There are experts here who would guide you based on CPT.

That's not a strange situation dude, you messed up everything by taking CPT. I have already explained you in detail about that, now forget about that.

During the interview, just tell VO that you are in grace period and if he didn't understand then explain him. Remember, do not lie.

@rahul412: OK Thanks . I know you explained me in all posts but every time you are saying indirectly that I am working illegally that not the fact. even you commented about my institute that it is not valid but it is not also true that's why I need to come up with this question again and again.

Read post #26

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/61019-can-i-get-cpt-for-a-second-degree/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived