AOS issues - travel plans

GCmissy

I am planning to file for my GC in EB1 category by end of this year. I am also planning to travel to India around the same time and renew the H1B visa stamp (renewal after first 3 yrs).

1) Is it advisable to file for GC and then leave for India? Or should I file it when I return from India?

2) If I am able to file for GC earlier (say by September) and my I-140 is approved, how would that impact my travel and H1B visa renewal plans?

Gurus, please help.

I am planning to file for my GC in EB1 category by end of this year. I am also planning to travel to India around the same time and renew the H1B visa stamp (renewal after first 3 yrs).

1) Is it advisable to file for GC and then leave for India? Or should I file it when I return from India? - recommend to file after you come back

what if you get stuck due to any reason? Since EB1 will move fast and how would you handle if any RFEs are raised ....

2) If I am able to file for GC earlier (say by September) and my I-140 is approved, how would that impact my travel and H1B visa renewal plans?

NO - does not impace any ways as far as you are travelling on H1.

Note: I am not a laywer this is just recommendation. Decisions must be taken after consulting attorny or on your own.

Archived