L1A to H1B

kalai8085

Hi

I am currently working in US with L1A and got my H1B petition( not COS) approved today. I ahve to get cisa stamped to work in H1B. My questions are 

1. Do i need to get visa stamped before oct 1, 2013 or i can get stamping anytime and continue working with L1A

2. If H1B Visa is rejected, whether it will affect L1A

3. if H1B is approved, whether L1A will be voided or still i can enter with L1A

4. After h1b Stamping If i enter US with L1A before oct. Can i start working with H1B from oct1 2013.

Please help

Hi

I am currently working in US with L1A and got my H1B petition( not COS) approved today. I ahve to get cisa stamped to work in H1B. My questions are 

1. Do i need to get visa stamped before oct 1, 2013 or i can get stamping anytime and continue working with L1A

2. If H1B Visa is rejected, whether it will affect L1A

3. if H1B is approved, whether L1A will be voided or still i can enter with L1A

4. After h1b Stamping If i enter US with L1A before oct. Can i start working with H1B from oct1 2013.

Please help

(1) If you are planning to work from Oct 1st 2013 with H1B then you need a visa stamping. Otherwise you could get a H1B visa stamped anytime and still continue to work on L1A if it is still valid with your current employer

(2) No.

(3) There is a possibility that they would cancel your L1A once H1B is stamped.

(4) Your employer has to apply for a COS from L1A to H1B and upon approval you can begin to work on H1B. But, your employer has to pay H1B processing fee which is the same when filing a new petition. I doubt your employer would be willing to pay H1B fee twice

Archived