Urgent help required. Please comment

rooki15

Hi,

I would like sponsor tourist VISA to my father in law but he has a pending corruption court case on him. Can I still sponsor visa? What are the chances of getting visa approved? Do I need to add any extra documentation. Please advise. my visa status H-1B.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you all for your replies.

Current situation is he got arrested on corruption charges but got bail after a week and he has passport with him. Now, I want to invite him here to stay for couple of months. The lawyer in India hasn't said anything for not leaving country.

Do I need to mention any extra in form DS160 or just check the option to 'YES'  where it asks 'have you ever been convicted or arrested for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty or other similar action? 

Thank you all for your replies.

Current situation is he got arrested on corruption charges but got bail after a week and he has passport with him. Now, I want to invite him here to stay for couple of months. The lawyer in India hasn't said anything for not leaving country.

Do I need to mention any extra in form DS160 or just check the option to 'YES'  where it asks 'have you ever been convicted or arrested for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty or other similar action? 

You said he was arrested so the answer should be yes.

Archived