H1B visa

trinath123

Hi,

I got a mail from my employeer today and he nominatted for H1B-2014 and I need to submit the documents within 30 days, but My passport is valid till 06th jun 2015. As per Visa guid liness passport should be valid till September 2014 at least from data of application.

My questions are here

If I got for stamping on 2014 september, Visa will be issued based on petion validation date or passport expairy date?

Hi,

I got a mail from my employeer today and he nominatted for H1B-2014 and I need to submit the documents within 30 days, but My passport is valid till 06th jun 2015. As per Visa guid liness passport should be valid till September 2014 at least from data of application.

My questions are here

If I got for stamping on 2014 september, Visa will be issued based on petion validation date or passport expairy date?

At the time of the interview your passport should be valid for atleast for 6 months.

Did you mean to say your passport will be valid till September 2015?

Even without your current issue, Visa's are not always issued based on petition validation date. Where the visa expiration date is before the petition validity date, the visa will typically carry a footnote indicating the petition validation date so that immigration will give you an I-94 which covers the petition validation period. 

Since your case seems to be a difference of just about 4 months, I wouldn't worry too much about it (unless you have an emergency, not traveling for 4 months shouldn't be a show-stopper).

Archived