Conversion of H4 Visa to F1

Abhi1712

Hello Everybody:

Currently I am on H4 visa. I am applying to F1 Visa next month (September-2013) with an average university (this is new university, got recently accreditation). I will be getting F-1 Visa approval by November-2013. I am planning to go India in January-2014. I do have following questions:

0) If I apply for F-1 visa stamping, does this process automatically cancel my current H-4 visa?

1) If my F-1 visa stamping got rejected, can I come back to USA on my current H4 visa (it is valid till Sept-2015)?

2) If F-1 Visa get rejected, what are chances of H4 visa rejection?

3) If I came back to USA with H4 visa due to F-1 visa rejection, can I continue my education to university? How does it affect in future amenities such as OPT & CPT?   

Awaiting reply.

Thanks,

Kshitija.

-1)   Did you have to submit your GRE and TOEFL scores?

0. No

1. Yes or you can get the visa again if cancelled without prejudice during the F1 visa interview.

2. Totally separate matters.

3. Yes.

4. Unless financially advantageous or if you guys really have no Immigrant Intent study in H4 status and avoid these headaches just to get paid for an year or 2.

Hello Everybody:

Currently I am on H4 visa. I am applying to F1 Visa next month (September-2013) with an average university (this is new university, got recently accreditation).

Care to tell us which university this is?

If it is ***, you can expect problems. Even though they got accreditation recently, they are still doing shady things.

Archived