Moving between Employers

srinathk11

HI,

I recently applied for H1 transfer to Emp B(prime vendor) and worked with them for a week on H1 receipt while i was on leave with Emp A. Emp A is not aware of this.

After joining i came to know that the project is only for 3 months and so went back to Emp A.

H1 transfer got approved. 

Will i have any issues when i go for H1 extension with Emp A? SInce i signed I-9 with Emp B.

Thanks.

I believe once your COS is approved, you started working for employer B and also signed I9 you are no longer in status if you work for employer A. You working for employer A is illegal. You need to ask your employer A to file a H1B petition, get it approved and start working for them.

Wait for senior members to give you their inputs.

I believe once your COS is approved, you started working for employer B and also signed I9 you are no longer in status if you work for employer A. You working for employer A is illegal. You need to ask your employer A to file a H1B petition, get it approved and start working for them.

Wait for senior members to give you their inputs.

No payroll was run for employer B. With employer A i was on vacation during that week.

Archived