H1B employer issue

Raje1234

HI

My H1B for this year has been approved.The employer delayed me sending the offer letter till now.As I have to go to India for stamping ,the attorney advised the employer to send me the offer letter and they did.In that ,they mentioned a 2 year commitment and I have to pay for the H1b and attorney fee of 4500$,if I leave the company before 2 years, ,which was never discussed with me during the recuruitement.The recruiter kept apologising for the mistake that she forgot to mention me during the interview and h1b process..They are not willing to change it

What should I do know ? My h4 is expring in 15 days and I have to leave the country and get stamped with new H1B.

It seems they wantedly delayed sending the offer letter.What are my options now .

Please help.

A contract which says you will pay for the H1 petition if you leave is not legal. It would also seem that you have a preconceived intent not to work for this employer for long? You can run the contract by a Labor Lawyer first. You can shaft them by saying you do not want to join them and the fact that you have been capped remains a fact.

Well, it is illegal to ask you for H1B filing fee as it is against the law. But, I am not sure about attorney fee. My best suggestion would be is to contact a good attorney to go through your contract & other documentation and get his/her opinion.

Also, wait for senior members to give you their opinion.

You have the option to not join this employer

Recruiter is saving themselves - its basically his/her fault

You have mentioned you are on h4, if its possible for you to continue on h4 by applying extension, you can do so

You have to remember if you dont join, recruiter looses their commission, but of course they wont factor in that for the clause of 4500 for h1b cost.

HI

My H1B for this year has been approved.The employer delayed me sending the offer letter till now.As I have to go to India for stamping ,the attorney advised the employer to send me the offer letter and they did.In that ,they mentioned a 2 year commitment and I have to pay for the H1b and attorney fee of 4500$,if I leave the company before 2 years, ,which was never discussed with me during the recuruitement.The recruiter kept apologising for the mistake that she forgot to mention me during the interview and h1b process..They are not willing to change it

What should I do know ? My h4 is expring in 15 days and I have to leave the country and get stamped with new H1B.

It seems they wantedly delayed sending the offer letter.What are my options now .

Please help.

Find real employer. Forget about this guy, and you said you are on H4, so you might be eligible for H4 ext.

It was not inclued in my H1b petetion packet.They have send it seperately  for me as a promisory note for 4500$ bond.

Will it be valid if its not included in the H1B petetion filed by lawyer ?

It won't be in the packet since its not part of that packet. That note is written by your shady employer to work for him for 2 years. So it's better if you forget about this employer and look for another one.

It was not inclued in my H1b petetion packet.They have send it seperately  for me as a promisory note for 4500$ bond.

Will it be valid if its not included in the H1B petetion filed by lawyer ?

Raje, let us make it simple. Your H1B petition is approved. You are counted against cap. I agree with inputs from all forum members. You just have to find a new employer who will file a H1B petition, upon approval get a H1B stamped and travel to US.

Archived