H1-B Transfer with few days gap/delay/lag

maasupian

I got an offer from company B on July 18th with a "expected start date" as July 29th and at that time I am still working for company A. My end date at company A is 29th July. My new employer, company B did not file H1-B transfer until August 7th, Because the application is going to DOL first for LCA approval and it will normally take 10-15 days for approval and my H1-B transfer application was sent on August 6th to USCIS. Technically, the LCA initiation happened before my last date at company A, is this considered initiation of H1-B transfer ? If not, Would having a few days between last pay date at company A and the filling of H1B to USCIS by company B make me out of status?

The visa by Company A is valid for 2 more yrs and company A has NOT intimated USCIS regarding termination yet. I am awaiting receipt notice to commence work at company B. Is there a grace period between which if you file for any new company H1B transfer, it is okay? Also is there a time frame within which I should join company B after last date at company A? I was told 10 days by some and 30 days by others. Please help. Thank you.

Archived