H1 B Approved, currently under F1

Jyo28

Hi sir,

My OPT ended last december (2012) and applied for H1B in 2012 but quota was full by that time. So, again joined in University. My H1B got approved in June 2013.

I am a full time student as of now. My semester ends on Aug 10th and I am confused, as i need to register for next semester which will start at the end of August or not? My H1B starts from October onwards. Please advise..

Thanks a lot sir.

Hi sir,

My OPT ended last december (2012) and applied for H1B in 2012 but quota was full by that time. So, again joined in University. My H1B got approved in June 2013.

I am a full time student as of now. My semester ends on Aug 10th and I am confused, as i need to register for next semester which will start at the end of August or not? My H1B starts from October onwards. Please advise..

Thanks a lot sir.

You have to decide. You made a mistake by filing H1 without finishing the degree.

What do you gonna say if they ask "why didn't you completed the degree?"

I have same case. I applied for cap-gap I -20 and received from my college. So I am good from August 17th(MY course end date) till October 1st( My h1 start date) but I can not work in that period from 17th august till October 1st. Check with your college adviser there must be something like that you have to get new I-20 clearly mentioning on last page (cap-gap) .Let me know if you need any help.

I have same case. I applied for cap-gap I -20 and received from my college. So I am good from August 17th(MY course end date) till October 1st( My h1 start date) but I can not work in that period from 17th august till October 1st. Check with your college adviser there must be something like that you have to get new I-20 clearly mentioning on last page (cap-gap) .Let me know if you need any help.

Cap gap is given after the graduation, just like in your case.

But OP is in the middle of the program, so he is not eligible for cap gap

Archived