H1 approved but want to come USA on H4 visa, will my H1 still be valid after i get H4 stamped

Pthakre

My H1 just got approved, it will start in Oct 2013. Can i come back on h4 visa in USA, then activate my H1?

I want to come back to USA in Dec 2013, if i apply for H4 in Nov, will my H1 (which is already approved) be still good. I want my H1 to be activated after dec

Yes, you can apply for a H4 visa at a US consulate and enter US with a H4 visa. But, if you want to begin work from December 2013 your employer has to file a COS petition at USCIS. Will your employer be willing to pay again and do this COS? Highly unlikely. Instead, stay in your home country and enter US in December with a valid job. Why you want to come in December and not October, may I ask?  

If you have all the necessary documents and if your credentials and your employer's credentials are good then there should not be any problem. Did you discuss with your employer or attorney and check out whether they are willing to do a change of status from H4 to H1B when you are in US?

Archived