MBA on H4

AmPurna

Hi,

I am on H4 visa. I have stayed in US for 10 months on H4 and am out of US from the past one year.Now, I  am planning to come back to US on H4 and pursue MBA .

Now, my doubt is that  Can I enroll myself for an MBA on H4? Am i not eligible for in-state tution fee since I have not stayed in the US for atleast a year on H4?

Note: I have over 7 years of working experience in India.

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Some state's consider you for in-state if your spouse has lived in that state for more than a year.

Generally, the states that allow for in-state tuition require that the person has taken up residence in the state for the one year immediately before starting at the public college.

Generally, the states that allow for in-state tuition require that the person has taken up residence in the state for the one year immediately before starting at the public college.

So you know about all the states? I know at least one for sure, which allows in-state tuition based on spouse's or parent's residency status.

So you know about all the states? I know at least one for sure, which allows in-state tuition based on spouse's or parent's residency status.

I said "generally." Please read every word of my posts...

And I of course only look at the case from a 3000ft view. I could quote the whole state laws, but that's not helpful, unless you like legalese...

In at least one state (CA), residency status of parents are taken into consideration for minors, if I remember right.

For details, the person should always check with the registrar's office at the university the person wishes to attend.

Well, your post doesn't add anything to the quoted response and only shows the negative side of things. OP cannot act upon it, if you don't show the positive side that some states do accept spouse's or parent's status. Also, generally means that is is norm and opposite is the exception.

Contact the registrar, yes that's helpful.

Well, your post doesn't add anything to the quoted response and only shows the negative side of things. OP cannot act upon it, if you don't show the positive side that some states do accept spouse's or parent's status. Also, generally means that is is norm and opposite is the exception.

Contact the registrar, yes that's helpful.

I am sorry that you feel that my post didn't add anything. I feel different.

Some universities ask for 4 years of bachelors degree.. But mine was for 3 years and I have a PG in computer science which was for 3 yrs again. In this case, Am I eligible for MBA directly or do I need to complete any prerequisite courses?

That depends on the particular university. You need to check that with the admissions office.

Archived