3 months out of status

Hi,

I was out of status for 3 months - from Aug 2009 to Oct 29 2009 - will that be a problem for future transfers /extensions of H1.Do I need to mention it to my current lawyer who is doing my H1 renewal?

The situation is as follows- till July 2009 , was working with Company A on L1 and I quit Company A on 31 July 2009. From Aug2009  to Oct 2009 I was searching for job on H1 , but could not find one.So after Oct 2009 , I went to India and came back on H4. In Feb 2010,I got a project and Company B had filed for my H1 transfer and it was approved!!. There I had not mentioned 3 months out of status.

Now my new company C is filing my H1B renewal, so should I mention 3 months out-of-status back in 2009 to the lawyer ? They are applying for remaining of 2 years and 10 months of my H1 stay  (excluding 3 months of out-of status)

As long as your employer paid you while you were on Bench you are fine. Else complain it with DOL and lets close the H1 holder's shop and send them back to India. This will save your H1 transfer.

Complaints about H1 abuse can only be filed up to one year after the abuse.

And in this case, the OP quit the job, so there is nothing to complain to DOL about, anyway.

Archived