Visitor Visa for Mother and Nephew (7yrs age)

nchhabria

Hello,

I would like to thank to all people who advised me on this same topic (got locked) a few months back. I wanted to share my experience. The visa got approved for both of them.

Below are questions asked at consulate, this was a group interview for both together and luckily my brother got a chance to enter the consulate on grounds of helping my mother move around and since his son(my nephew) was also just 7yrs :

Visa Officer to Mom : Who stays in US and why do you want to go.

Mom: My son stays in US and we would like to visit him

Officer to Mom: Why is your husband not traveling

Mom: He does not enjoy traveling long distance

Officer to Mom: When will you come back

Mom: In 3 months

Officer to my nephew: Who stays in US

Nephew: my uncle

Officer pointing to my mother and asked my nephew who is she:

Nephew: My grand mother

Officer pulled out a copy of my passport and asked my nephew who is he:

Nephew: This is my uncle in US.

Officer to my brother: Are you comfortable sending your son to your brother's in US:

Brother: Yes absolutely comfortable 

Officer: Visa is approved!

But still on safer side my brother and sis-in-law had taken a notarized copy of NOC saying that they don't have any objection in sending their son to my place in US with my mother. This was not asked because my brother was present at the consulate. But during US immigration interview the officer asked an NOC from my nephew's parents, which my mom showed and they both got an entry without any issues.

Please let me know in case anybody has any questions related to this. Thanks again to this forum for your help!

I would like to thank to all people who advised me on this same topic (got locked) a few months back. I wanted to share my experience. The visa got approved for both of them.

I remember this, dude if your intention is clear then you will get the visa.Anyway, congrats....!!!

BTW, did you send the I134 or not?? If yes, how much amount did you showed in that document.

Archived