Father's B1-B2 Visa rejected under 214(b). Please help.

nitin

My Father recently had a visa interview at mumbai consulate and his visa got rejected under 214(b) clause. He is around 65 yrs old and retired from his job. He however, has a history that his Immigrant Visa was in pending state since 2001 which his elder brother (a US Citizen) had filed then. It was kept on hold due to some document and that application eventually expired.  

This time I applied for his visitor visa and we had all the documents in place but VO asked few questions about me and then shifted gears on his previous case After asking few questions, the VO said we cannot grant you visa at this time. VO said that my father was unable to establish ties back home.

If my father wanted to immigrate to the USA, he would have asked his elder brother to file a immigration visa for him but my father only wanted to visit me, so I filed his visitor visa.

My question is, whether my father's previous case played an important role in his visitor visa rejection?

If I plan on re-applying, what change should I bring to my application to make it a strong case?

Also how much time should I wait before re-applying for the second time?

Answers and suggestions are highly appreciated. Thanks!

My question is, whether my father's previous case played an important role in his visitor visa rejection?

If I plan on re-applying, what change should I bring to my application to make it a strong case?

Also how much time should I wait before re-applying for the second time?

I think yes.

Better contact murthy firm.

One reason could be your father's history of applying for an immigrant visa. It could be but we can not say for sure. As the VO had indicated if you apply next time he has to show strong ties back in India. Consult with an attorney from Murthy and they might be of much help to you. Good luck

It could have played a role, as filing an immigrant visa once shows the intent. However, if he shows substantial assets, children etc, it may be convincing enough to prove otherwise. If you haven't tried already, try contacting murthy.com attorneys in India to get a review on the situation.

Thanks guys for the reply. I will get in touch with Attorney at murthy firm back in Chennai.

I thought my Father had a strong case. If my father had a immigrant intent, he would have gone with immigrant visa filed by his brother, who is a US citizen since almost 5 decades. On the other hand, he just wanted to visit and hence I filed for him under B1-B2 category. Too many theories involved around this. :) 

Archived