H1-H4-F1 --Please help!

kamac

Hello ,

I came to USA for my Master's degree on F1. This was back in 2008..so at that point OPT was only for 1 year unlike now its 2 year period. Anyway I was on OPT for 8months and worked on H1-B for 10 months then moved to H4 and been on H4 for 4 years now.

My Questions are:

• If I get a Master's degree admission in a school can I apply for CPT on my F1 status (Since I have used 8 months of my 12 month period opt before) or Do I need to do a Phd this time?
  • How many hours of work can I do on my CPT?
  • Will I come under H1-B cap if I convert from F1-H1?

Any comments or help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Kamac.

I came to USA for my Master's degree on F1. This was back in 2008..so at that point OPT was only for 1 year unlike now its 2 year period. Anyway I was on OPT for 8months and worked on H1-B for 10 months then moved to H4 and been on H4 for 4 years now.

Since you have already worked on H1, chances of F1 are very low. But try your luck.

My Questions are:

• If I get a Master's degree admission in a school can I apply for CPT on my F1 status (Since I have used 8 months of my 12 month period opt before) or Do I need to do a Phd this time?

It looks like your intention is to work. If that's true then forget CPT, go for H1,End of the story else if you go for CPT that will be End of your carrier in US.

You have to be full time student for 9 months to be eligible for cpt

Not sure your motivation for Phd ?

20 hrs

No, you are cap-exempt

Hello ,

My Questions are:

Any comments or help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Kamac.

Forget CPT. Cut that acronym out of your vocabulary.

CPT is dead. It was killed by a bunch of fraudulent so-called "universities."

If you want to work, get a work visa.

An F1 is for studying, not for working.

Archived