H1B Stamping - Family denied visitor visa and had filed for immigration

tirath5u

Hello,

Thank you all for doing a wonderful job of posting your experience and those who reply with useful comments and suggestions.

Some insight on my case will be very helpful to me. I came here in 2008 on F1 and joined a consultancy in 2011 on OPT and got H1B approved for a year starting from October 2011. Then applied for H1B extension and got 3 years extension starting October 2012. Meanwhile, the client I was working with offered me a full time position which I accepted and transferred by H1B to my client which is a medium sized (about 1200 employees) Software development company. 

In 1996, my family had filed for immigration to USA and we backed out at the last time. Apparently, this shows on their system. When I went for my F-1 visa interview the VO asked me why didn't we go to if immigration was filed. Although I'd never prepared for this question I somehow managed to answer and got the visa. In 2012, they asked the same question to my mother and brother  (just finished M.C.A in India - a potential candidate to stay back ???)  but they probably couldn't answer and their Visitor Visa was rejected although my dad was a Green card holder till late 90's but gave it up. 

My concern is, given the info above, if my and my family's background would matter and the VO could view me a potential immigrant and deny visa? 

Also, has anybody been asked by VO why have they not visited their parents and/or home country for 3+ years without meeting them for this long time. I am struggling to put words to the reason. 

Thanks and Best of Luck 

@ jairichi: Thanks for that info. I has given me confidence to get stamped in India rather than flying to Canada or else where. My company is intending to send me to India for work anyways. 

@ pontececchio: Frankly, the horror stories of getting stamping done was a big factor in not going there. Although ture, not sure if that is something they want to hear. 

@ jairichi: Thanks for that info. I has given me confidence to get stamped in India rather than flying to Canada or else where. My company is intending to send me to India for work anyways. 

@ pontececchio: Frankly, the horror stories of getting stamping done was a big factor in not going there. Although ture, not sure if that is something they want to hear. 

I am sure VO doesn't want to hear that horror stories about visa stamping prevented you from traveling to your home country. If you have all required documents then you should never feel worried about going for stamping. Good luck

Archived