H1B to L2 -EAD

get.priyank

Hi,

I have heard a lot about your firm. Looking for answers to below questions.

1. I am completing 6 years on my current H1 (expiring in Jan'14).. Would it be possible for me to switch to L2 on my wife's L1 and obtain EAD after that? Can i work on L2 EAD if i have completed 6 years on H1
  2. I am expecting my L2 to be approved by Oct'12. It might take a month or two before i get the EAD. Can i continue to work on my current H1b even after L2 is approved (upto the time EAD approaval is obtained?)
  3. Can i apply for EAD even if passport is not stamped with L2 Visa? L2 approval has been obtained though
  4. My employer is filing for permanent residency for me on my current H1B. Would my perm application still remain valid even i switch to L2 and obtain EAD?

Please let me know

Thanks for your help

Priyank

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have heard a lot about your firm. Looking for answers to below questions.

1. I am completing 6 years on my current H1 (expiring in Jan'14).. Would it be possible for me to switch to L2 on my wife's L1 and obtain EAD after that? Can i work on L2 EAD if i have completed 6 years on H1
  2. I am expecting my L2 to be approved by Oct'12. It might take a month or two before i get the EAD. Can i continue to work on my current H1b even after L2 is approved (upto the time EAD approaval is obtained?)
  3. Can i apply for EAD even if passport is not stamped with L2 Visa? L2 approval has been obtained though
  4. My employer is filing for permanent residency for me on my current H1B. Would my perm application still remain valid even i switch to L2 and obtain EAD?

Please let me know

Thanks for your help

Priyank

(2) Once your COS is approved you have to stop working on H1B. If you keep working it is illegal.

(3) Yes, you can.

Archived