H1B extension -- Start date question

sagi85

Hey ppl,

My current H1B approval is valid till Jan 2014, I never got my H1B stamped, got my COS from F1 to H1B a couple of years ago.

Now my employer is filing for my H1B extension in PP. If I get the approval what would be the start date on the extended H1B case. 

I assume that the start date of new case would be from Jan 2014. if I get the approval by next month and go for stamping, what would be the start date on the visa stamp? Will it be Jan 2014 or the date on which I get the stamping?

Thanks for reading! Please answer, if you've any suggestions.

Hey ppl,

My current H1B approval is valid till Jan 2014, I never got my H1B stamped, got my COS from F1 to H1B a couple of years ago.

Now my employer is filing for my H1B extension in PP. If I get the approval what would be the start date on the extended H1B case. 

I assume that the start date of new case would be from Jan 2014. if I get the approval by next month and go for stamping, what would be the start date on the visa stamp? Will it be Jan 2014 or the date on which I get the stamping?

Thanks for reading! Please answer, if you've any suggestions.

There will be no start date on the Visa Stamp only Issued Date(date on which I get the stamping) and Expiry Date

when you go for stamping present the new I 797 so that you get the end date as of new I 797

Archived