Urgent help required ! COS: H4 to F1

Need_Help01

Greetings Everybody,

My Background:
-----------------
I have completed 2 semesters on H4 VISA and now I want to convert it to F1. I plan to file it in first week of August (Thats when my I-20 will be ready) so that I get my F1 approved before my last semester starts. That way I will be eligible for an OPT.
My H4 is approved till 2015.

I have a few questions related to COS:

1. Should I do the paper filing/ ELIS ? I heard that ELIS is faster though there are a lot of bugs.

2. My husband is working in company A and has got a really good job offer from Company B. He is sponsoring my education. Can my COS and his H1 transfer be done in parallel? What is the best course of action. If I dont file my COS in August I will screw up my chances of getting an OPT.

Please help !

Thanks.

I did my masters online for 2 full semesters on H4, converted to F1 - on-campus during the last semester with just one course remaining from a public university in Illinois state capital. Apparently, the course work completed on H4 counts towards the degree and the OPT requirement.  My OPT has been approved (July 2013).

This requirement may differ from university to university but the USCIS does not require a student to be full time on F1 visa. H4 will do. Please spread the knowledge. 

Archived