with a 797B can i go to visa stamping with my family?

Techee

Hi All,

I was in USA with my H1B, i came to India and stuck with 221g. Mean while since my H1B 'sI-797A was expired i got a extended I-797B.

Now i am planning to reappear for a visa stamping interview with my extended I-797B.

When i was in US, i used to get a I-797A for my wife. But this time i have not got a I-797A for my wife,

When i have contact my attoney told me that with this I-797B, i and my family can attend the visa interview.

I just want to know, is it true. Can i apply for a visa interview for me and my family with one valid I-797B?

Thanks in advance.

I am not sure but I think  all  I-797A ,  I-797B and  I-797C are same document with three different copy.  one for employer, one for attorney.  I-797A is the primary copy and important since it has I-94 information when you are inside US. I think in your case you may not have I-94. so A or B copy does not matter. Just follow what attorney  says.

• 4 weeks later...

Techie,

I am also kind of similar situation, my petition about to expiry soon and I struck in india.I will be completing my 6th year soon(in few weeks).Can I apply for extension from india? I am still remotely working from india.

Can I apply for extension from india? what will be the procedure?

Highly appreciate your reply..

Archived