H1 B Stamping

kkwatra

Background

My wife came to US in Jan 2009 on F2 while I was studying. She changed her status to H4 when I got H1B in October 2009. She then started studying and did another change of status to F1 in Jan 2010 so that she could work as well for 20 hours a week. She was also awarded scholarship and research job. We then went to India for a vacation in Aug 2010 and went for her stamping. Her visa was rejected by the consulate saying that she can study on H4. She told them about the job and scholarship, and the counselor was like you can apply again I have rejected it now. We applied again 10 days later but it was rejected again. She then came back to US in October 2010 on H4 to continue her studies. We again applied for change of status which fortunately got approved in January 2011. She completed her master in Dec 2011 and stated working for company A in Jan 2012. Company A filed for her H1B, which got approved and started in October 1 2012. Now, we again plan to go to India but were really skeptical about the whole stamping thing.

Questions

1. What are the risks involved in stamping in India.
  2. Can we go to and get her stamping done in Canada or Mexico if less risk is involved?
  3. Is there any additional documentation needed before we go for stamping.

Questions

1. What are the risks involved in stamping in India.
  2. Can we go to and get her stamping done in Canada or Mexico if less risk is involved?
  3. Is there any additional documentation needed before we go for stamping.

You are good to go dude. I don't understand why that dummy vo rejected F1 visa even when she has scholarship.

1. If she wants to travel she will need a visa. You have expressed no reservations about your own visa. Why is That? The risks are delay or denial. If she is workling directly for a company then she should be able to get her visa.

2. She can go anywhere  for the visa. Canada is obviously convenient.

3. The list is on the Consulate sites.

Thanks for your replies. But is Canada safe for first time stamping. I have heard extension stamping is safe in canada but not first time?

There is nothing called Safe or Unsafe. All consulates are the same. Why are you worried? Are you into some shady activity?

Thanks for your replies. But is Canada safe for first time stamping. I have heard extension stamping is safe in canada but not first time?

100% wrong. VISA is issued based on your documentation and your pre immigration history(if you have), not on first time stamping or some BS factors.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived