Job lost -- on EAD -- consequences

Sunny2507

Hi, 

Below is my current situation, would appreciate if you could comment or refer me to any links.. thanks!

My priorty date is Jan 2010 and I am currently on EAD (valid till early 2015). I recently lost my job (about a month ago). My wife is working on EAD (obtained as my dependant).

Topic 1: What are the consequences on our legal status? Do I need to notify any government agency about my loss of job (similar to uscis address change ar-11)? Does this have any impact on my wife's current job? Is there any constraint on the time period between jobs for me?

Topic 2: Hypothetical scenario -- Recently EB2 priority dates moved by 3 yrs and if my priority date becomes current in a month or two and if still don't have a job what are the consequences?

Please provide any suggestions/links/feedback to better deal with my current situation (while I work on to find my new job asap).

Also, with the recent immigration reform bill (may become law soon) are there any potential scenarios I need to lookout for ( if anyone familiar on this new topic)

Thanks in advance!

Rohan

1. You are awaiting AOS. You are legally allowed to stay. The USCIS may ask for details of an Qualifying Job Offer or they may not. Your spouse is not affected . Sit tight and get a similar job. Why is the GC sponsor not employing you now?

2. It is extremely unlikely for that to happen.

3. The so called Immigration Bill is not going anywhere. The House majority will not let the bill be discussed.

Thank you pontevecchio.

My GC sponsor is a large US bank. There has been change of management in our group and it didn't workout for me with my new manager and he terminated my contract. Terms with him are not good, is there anything I need to lookout for from this angle.

thanks.

Archived