Do I have to wait till the next fiscal year, April to get H1-B cap subjected visa

aki_uniq

Hi,

Here is my current situation. I been working for a non-profit organization for few years now and holding a h1b -cap exempt visa. 2 years back, I had applied for a h1b cap subjected visa and got it approved. I haven't worked on this visa nor have any related documents. I do have the receipt number with me.

Is it possible to have a H1-b transfer with the approved H1b cap subjected visa? or do I have to wait till next year April to be counted for cap?

Hi,

Here is my current situation. I been working for a non-profit organization for few years now and holding a h1b -cap exempt visa. 2 years back, I had applied for a h1b cap subjected visa and got it approved. I haven't worked on this visa nor have any related documents. I do have the receipt number with me.

File FOIA- G639 to get all your immigration records. You will get a copy of H1B approval.

Is it possible to have a H1-b transfer with the approved H1b cap subjected visa? or do I have to wait till next year April to be counted for cap?

I see different opinions from different lawyers. Can I take the risk of applying for H1-b now and then working for a new employer?

on the positive side, I can get the petition accepted, but what if the petition is not considered, then I may lose both of them and get out of status. Could you advise please?

Thanks for all the replies!

I see different opinions from different lawyers. Can I take the risk of applying for H1-b now and then working for a new employer?

there are lot of scenarios where CIS rules ar not clear..always best to tread waters on the safe side..

may be u can apply for the HB1 'transfer' by PP and wait two weeks to know the answer?

Archived