U Visa, S 5 Visa, Victim of Crime

Nirvan

Hello,

Back ground: I am currently employed on H1B, my past employer committed various crimes of Racketeer and Wire Fraud. My engineering qualifications and certifications were used to perform some crimes. I was on H1B then and some how managed to find another job and transfer my H1B. I was psychologically harassed, targeted by fellow employees for my race and ethnicity. I was send numerous threatening emails and explicit text messages. I had to work in that environment for several years before I was able to move to another H1B. I am on my 7th year with approved I 140 from the previous employer. I was threatened after leaving my job and I still fear the personal might come after me. 

I have some some research and found out about U visa and S visa. I am looking for expert advice to see if some one has been thru similar situation and share their experience. 

thank you.

Hello,

Back ground: I am currently employed on H1B, my past employer committed various crimes of Racketeer and Wire Fraud. My engineering qualifications and certifications were used to perform some crimes. I was on H1B then and some how managed to find another job and transfer my H1B. I was psychologically harassed, targeted by fellow employees for my race and ethnicity. I was send numerous threatening emails and explicit text messages. I had to work in that environment for several years before I was able to move to another H1B. I am on my 7th year with approved I 140 from the previous employer. I was threatened after leaving my job and I still fear the personal might come after me. 

I have some some research and found out about U visa and S visa. I am looking for expert advice to see if some one has been thru similar situation and share their experience. 

thank you.

Your story is not believable since someone enduring what you are claiming would have left immediately and not stayed for several years. You would have reported the illegal activities to authorities. An ethical engineer would have left as soon as they discovered that they were being involved in illegal activities. You need very strong evidence to make these claims. It appears that you are overstating the circumstances in order to qualify for a special case victim visa/GC since you have been unsuccessful otherwise give that your current employer is not pursuing a GC for you.

You need an attorney. While you may have a case, you really do not look good by your own story.

Your story is not believable since someone enduring what you are claiming would have left immediately and not stayed for several years. You would have reported the illegal activities to authorities. An ethical engineer would have left as soon as they discovered that they were being involved in illegal activities. You need very strong evidence to make these claims. It appears that you are overstating the circumstances in order to qualify for a special case victim visa/GC since you have been unsuccessful otherwise give that your current employer is not pursuing a GC for you.

You need an attorney. While you may have a case, you really do not look good by your own story.

T75, I appreciate your opinion. The statement I made is understated in context to the entire case, its facts and my situation. I have attorneys, my labor attorney have filled a case with EEOC as the case started with work place harassment and my immigration attorney have filled case with DOL, now as the matter is being investigated and being forwarded to appropriate authorities, I have to make choice to pursue my case in either direction. That is the reason I am here to see if some one has been thru similar situation who can provide some insight. Not all immigration laws are alike and does not turn out to be the way you read online or when you consult a attorney 

Yes Ethically I should have left my job right away, which I did, by the time I found out about the wrong doing and making sure what I was being involved was illegal, I spoke up and complaint with the management, and that's the reason I was targeted and retaliated upon. It took some time for me to find out about every thing, find a new job and move forward. When you are in a situation like mine you don't think about GC or for matter of fact anything other then being safe and legal. When I make a statement that I have emails and explicit text, I have proofs to back my claims up. 

I am here for suggestions and advice, as much as I appreciate your OPINIONS, you need to know more about the case in its entirety. 

You have 2 choices.

1.  Consult a good Immigration firm like the firm of Murthy.

2. Call the FBI in your jurisdiction.

I have labor law attorney who is representing me for EEOC related charges and immigration attorney for DOL charges. The matter is under investigation.

Archived