Doucmentation needed for wife N-400

Edmund

My wife is a dependent of my GC, she has had her GC for more than 5 years and ready to apply for citizenship.

Filling out her paper work, never worked "Home Make", never been sited, arrested, WE never filed late or missed filing our taxes\ and we do not owe any.

My question is: Since it seems that all the USICS wants is the Application filled, two pictures, copy of her GC and the Money Order!!  so what about passport copies, Tax returns ... all that paper work I had to put together, she does not need all that?

Thanks for you help[

Edmund

Why make Attorneys wealthier? Naturalization does not need a Lawyer and most Lawyers would agree.

The OP is obviously not comfortable with doing this on his own. In such a situation, consulting with a lawyer to make sure everything is ok may be a useful thing.

None taken.  Some need the employer to do the work completely. OP simply needs reassurance that everything is done correctly.  Since the process can be confusing, an experienced attorney (or his paralegal) can review the documents and present the best case the first time. To me, the cost of the attorney to avoid an RFE is well worth it.  Some people do not realize that they can split the responsibilities and save the cost of the full package.  There are times when a person's time is more important than the cost and should let the attorney do it all. Others are confident and taking it on by his/herself is not a problem.

I know you know this to be the case. I am posting so that future readers consider options about which they might not have been aware.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived