Expiration date on H1B is 1st Oct 2013 which is the date when my visa gets active

megh1205

Hi

I applied H1B this year and it got approved. Since i had asked for consular processing, I went for stamping. Now my visa was approved but when i received my passport it has Visa expiration date as 0ct1st 2013 whereas my PED date is 8th mar 2016. 

My question is:

1. Is this a mistake? How can i get this rectified?

2. If it is not a mistake, does it mean that whenever i come from USA after oct 1st 2013, i will have to go for visa stamping again?

I mailed ustraveldocs and they replied that this is at the discretion of US Consulate general. Could you please advice how can i confirm that this is correct? Can i approach an attorney or something?

Hi

I applied H1B this year and it got approved. Since i had asked for consular processing, I went for stamping. Now my visa was approved but when i received my passport it has Visa expiration date as 0ct1st 2013 whereas my PED date is 8th mar 2016. 

My question is:

1. Is this a mistake? How can i get this rectified?

2. If it is not a mistake, does it mean that whenever i come from USA after oct 1st 2013, i will have to go for visa stamping again?

I mailed ustraveldocs and they replied that this is at the discretion of US Consulate general. Could you please advice how can i confirm that this is correct? Can i approach an attorney or something?

which I 797 did VO collect along with the passport current or the one which starts from Oct 1 2013?

Archived