H1B Status validity, when working remote

Satishchandrat

Have a question related to H1B status and length of stay in india while on H1B status.

Is there any limit on stay, like a maximum period one can stay in India when on H1B.
Can the employee continue the current job of US employer from India, remotely, and
visit US occasionally to maintain H1B status, with a valid visa stamp on the passport.

Is there any limit on stay, like a maximum period one can stay in India when on H1B.

Can the employee continue the current job of US employer from India, remotely, and

visit US occasionally to maintain H1B status, with a valid visa stamp on the passport.

When you are out of US then you are not on H1.

Their is nothing called maintain H1 status, if you are in US then you are on H1 else not on H1.

Due to personal reasons, I need to reside in india for few months propbably upto an year.
I work for a small firm, My employer may consider, to resume my job duties from india, during this period.
However, from the companies HR perspective, I was an immigrant employee with H1B visa, and relavant documents like I9 etc, reflect this.
During my stay outside US, do they need to update/make any changes to comply with any immigration/taxation laws.

I am assuming that I can return back, whenever required with a valid visa in passport.

Archived