Get I94 for a Canadian who entered as visitor

Edge30

Hello,

We are a Canadian family of 6 members and entered US as visitors.

Canadians visiting USA don't get our passports stamped neither we are given I-94 cards.

Now I got a job offer in USA and applied for TN visa for myself (already got it)

Now we need to get TD visas for the other members.

For my family it turns too expensive to flight to Canada and return just to get the TD visas.

We found it is possible to apply by mail for a status change but the requirement is to send a copy of each member's i-94.

So, how/where can we get the i-94 forms for my family without having to travel to the border?

I found there's a "I-102, Application for Replacement/Initial Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Document", however filling seems to cost $330. Which still seems too expensive.

Or? If we go to Bahamas and re-enter USA each ticket would be less than $330, would this be also an option? would we get i-94 when we re-enter USA from Bahamas?

Thanks

e

I'm in South Florida now. We're originally from Toronto, Canada.

Yesterday I went to a CBP deferrered inspection office here in West Palm Beach since I had to request a correction to my i94 and asked them if they could help with the i94 for my family but they said they can't emit them.

Archived