Pay Roll is greater than LCA amount

meet2pillu

Hi,

Would somebody suggest me a good answer for the below scenario, which I can tell it to VO for my H1b stamping:-

My Pay Stubs are running for more amount than my LCA amount as I m taking PER DIEM amount from my Employer. What if VO ask me that "why my Pay stubs are showing more amount than my LCA amount?"

Thanks,
Niraj

Its perfectly fine, if your pay checks were having salary amount more then what mentioned in your LCA. You can give the VO, an answer like this.

"According to INS wages, the company is supposed to pay me xxxxxxxx(LCA Salary) but it pays me xxxxxxxx(Pay check salary), because of the performance of my work at the client site."

My Pay Stubs are running for more amount than my LCA amount as I m taking PER DIEM amount from my Employer. What if VO ask me that "why my Pay stubs are showing more amount than my LCA amount?"

What do you mean by 'good answer'? Do you have answer for 'what's the reason for PER DIEM'??

All you have to say is truth.

Thanks Sudheer, TPK6

Rahul,Omshiv - I am going to say truth only but it will be a Smart Truth with positive attitude like Sudheer suggested.

Thanks.

There is no Smart truth in front of the VO. So just stick to answering the TRUTH...nothing else but the TRUTH.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Mr/Ms Meet2pillu...

You may have to read the rules & regulations of per diem concept in the states.. especially the state you are working on. Employers cannot pay per diem forever and you cannot be smart by showing per diem in your paystub for full year. In order to get per diem you must maintain a base residence location in another state and due to client's requirement, you are temporarily relocated and working in another state. This is the eligibility that I have learned while I used to travel..   If you are interested in keeping your profile clean at the visa consulate, give them the truth and most of the time truth is illegal.

Archived