Prevailing Wage Requirement

Situation: 

My employer last year started my green card application process. Seems like the person reviewing my case think that i should be paid more than what currently i am being paid. The application was reviewed three times, and all these times the pay came out to be higher that what i am being paid. I work for a well known company and their pay structure is above 75 %ile of the market (very well paid compared to the market). Totally baffles me why this is happening.

Solution?

Do you think i there is problem with my employer's lawyer. Shall i ask them to refile again? I was wondering if i refile does the government assign same reviewer? I think if we get a different reviewer the scenario would be different (guessing). Also is it advisable to wait for some time to refile?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Kamalpreet

• 4 weeks later...

On pwd, it is not what you are paid, it is what a person of similar skills in the same job should be paid in the area. That means, you are getting paid less than what others in the same position in your area is making. Company's reputation doesn't guarantee standard pay.

Archived