Cancer Treatment For Indian Visitors

ManojNaidu

Hello Good people of Murthy Forum,

I live in MD and trying to help my Mom fight Cancer..Any help with respect to answering below questions will be greatly appriciated.

1. what is the process to bring some one from india for Cancer treatment ?

2. Can they come to US on Visitor Visa and get their treatment or do they need any special visa? 

3. Do they need to get pre approved or take any special letter/permission from a US hospital showing their willingness to treat the patient from india?

4. My assumption is their travellers insurance will not cover the expenses for Cancer Treatment. so, are there any cancer institutions in US or india where they can get some help?

5. My medical insurance is sponcered  by my employer and they said i cannot add any visitors to my plan. so, Is there any insurance that i can buy after for my mom coming to US that may cover?

6. I dont know where to start..Can any one please suggest the best place to Approach/start for Cancer treatment in or near MD?

Cancer treatment is extremely expensive in US.  As I understand  there are some charities which help people from other countries but it is difficult to find.  Try google and also check with your Primary Care physician in US.

Cancer treatment (and most medical treatment)  is now very advanced in India.  For a fraction of what you will spend in US,  you can get good treatment in India.  Tata Memorial, Jaslok are a few in Mumbai which I know and the treatment is excellent . 

My mother had cancer and was treated successfully in India. 

Cancer treatment is extremely expensive in US.  As I understand  there are some charities which help people from other countries but it is difficult to find.  Try google and also check with your Primary Care physician in US.

Cancer treatment (and most medical treatment)  is now very advanced in India.  For a fraction of what you will spend in US,  you can get good treatment in India.  Tata Memorial, Jaslok are a few in Mumbai which I know and the treatment is excellent . 

My mother had cancer and was treated successfully in India. 

Useful info chakrakr

There are many USCs and LPRs that are uninsured and have difficulty getting treatment for cancer.

After all, many of the doctors here received their training in India.

If you want to be with her during treatment, you should expect to relocate near her home in India.

That being said, I wish your mother well. My mother recovered from her cancer surgery and radiation since it was caught early. Stop trying to get her to the US and get her to the best facility you can find in her home region NOW since the likelihood that you can get her cancer treatment in MD (Cancer is NOT covered by emergency Medicaid since it is not an emergency) is close to 0%)

Archived