Travel mode to Canada

indrale

Hi,

I am planning to go Ottawa Canada for Visa Stamping.

1. If I fly to Ottawa, when to book the return ticket?  Say if my Visa stamping is on Monday. (I would fly there on Sunday).  Regarding return, If everything goes well with visa stamping, when to book the return ticket? in other words, when will get my passport with new visa stamped? How many days they take?

2. If I choose to drive,  I prefer to drive my own car. Incae, if I need to go to India (because of visa complications) ,  atleast I can send my car back to US to my friend address. If I rent a car Hertz/Enterprise, can I drop there in Canada itself?  Did anyone has unpleasant experience with rental cars?

Pls share your thoughts.

1. people who got interview on Monday most of them will get passport on wednesday. you decide whether you need return ticket now or not. if you are confused better take a one way ticket first and once you collect the passport purchase a return ticket.

2. your own car is better but make sure you call to your insurance provider to provide insurance in Canada for your trip dates as well. how ever if you take rental car you can always return it at other location than you took.

1. people who got interview on Monday most hof them will get passport on wednesday. you decide whether you need return ticket now or not. if you are confused better take a one way ticket first and once you collect the passport purchase a return ticket.

2. your own car is better but make sure you call to your insurance provider to provide insurance in Canada for your trip dates as well. how ever if you take rental car you can always return it at other location than you took.

I am also planning to drive to Ottawa. Renting a car would be good choice if you don't have anybody to drive your car back to US. Alamo and national allow to drop off the car in Ottawa if you have issue with visa. Can insurance valid in both us and Canada.

My email is in my profile.

I am also planning to drive to Ottawa. Renting a car would be good choice if you don't have anybody to drive your car back to US. Alamo and national allow to drop off the car in Ottawa if you have issue with visa. Can insurance valid in both us and Canada.

My email is in my profile.

Archived