File AC21 do not have labor certification from previous employer

srinisxv9647

Hi,

I am on EAD and need to change jobs.

1) Do i need to file AC21 immediately after changing the job?

2) To file AC21, i do not have labor certification from my current employer who sponsored my PERM and I140. They are not giving it to me. Please let me know if there is a way to get the labor certification. Is there a form i need to fill to get it?

Thanks

LC is not needed to file AC21. The information in LC may be needed, but it's not like you have no idea what job you were sponsored for. You can file an AC21 request 180 days past your I-485 filing until the day it's approved or denied.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LC is not needed to file AC21. The information in LC may be needed, but it's not like you have no idea what job you were sponsored for. You can file an AC21 request 180 days past your I-485 filing until the day it's approved or denied.

Hi Belle,

I have the PDF copy of the LC (Form ETA 9089). But I do not have the copy of the advertisement posted by employer at that time in newspapers.

In LC form, Section H (Job Opportunity Information) has details of the job. For example, H(1) Job Title and H(11)  Job Duties and H(14). Specific skils or requirements.

This is the job information that would have been posted by the employer in newspaper advertisements. Correct?

This is the job description which has be matched when changing jobs in AC21?

Is it okay if the title is different? For example, in LC it is listed as "Data Warehouse Consultant". BUt it could be called "Business Intelligence Consultant" or for example based on the software used like 

"Business Objects Consultant" etc.. Does that matter? 

Archived