L1 to H1 COS with a later date then Oct 1st, cap reached?

h1_a

Hi,

I work for company A and processed my H1 in Company B and got approved. I am currently in US so effectively my status changes to H1. However I would like to join company B later in Jan 2013 as I have some issues leaving company A in Oct 1st. Considering the work involved it can happen only arond Jan 1st.

I heard for raising the COS now it is not possible as H1 cap is reached in 2013 and it can happen only after April 1st 2014? Is that so? Pls. confirm

1. I will speak to company B on this. However I want to keep options open before talking to them. Hence looking for your advice

Thanks in advance

Thanks. Just to clarify.

1. I need to be away from US. Say leave to canada or other country, so that I get my new i-94 card on Oct 1st date.  So my COS becomes invalide

2. I need to serve the notice and go out of the country and get a new stamping of H1 from Canada and fly back to US with the New H1 Visa.

I heard there are issues on H1 amendment and usually it takes time.  In this case do I really need a amendment. Pls. advice I am new to this process

Archived