F2 visa fear - reply plz

2013nibor

Hi,

I have to apply for my F1 visa for my PhD in Business at T30-T50 university. I and my husband want to go together. So, we will apply F1 & F2 together as a group visa.

We both have B1/B2 visas and have travelled to the US before (Huby 4-5 times in last 2 years for official training)

I have gone there once for presenting my research paper at a conference.

I think F1 should not be an issue because one is it PhD & second my Univ is reputed (T30-T50)

But for husbands f2, we are very concerned. He got his b1 at second attempt.Also since he has visited US 4-5 times for official training, it might sound that he wishes to move there.

Also, since PhD is for 5 years, it is very difficult to explain that he would not work there since he already would have contacts in the US. He is IT industry.

He intends to pursue his MS/PhD and will apply in fall 2014. We will stick by this point.

But I am worried that VO can reject saying that now he can visit me on B1/B2 and next year he can get his F1.

We wish to go together only. If his F2 gets rejected, I might even drop the idea to go.Although it will be a very difficult decision given that I am reallly excited about PhD and it is a fully funded course.

Looking forward to replies.

Regards,

Sonia

Archived