I140 RFE on Institution accreditation in US

avi_in_Us

Gurus,

I just got the RFE, In RFE, they mentioned that ****, *************** is not an accredited institution and has not recieved accreditation in US. and hence an alien who has not recieved degree from an accredited United states college does not qualify as a member of the profession within the stature granting prefrence classification.

**** is one of the most reputed institute in India and I recieved my diploma (A post graduate course, 2 year full time). Not sure what to do now. Please help if someone has undergone the same.

I have 3 year B.Sc in Maths and 2 year PGD from IISc. I have 12 years of experience and the requirement for labor was a bachelors degree in CS/Maths or related area

The evaluation was done by trus****** and they equated my degree to be as of US bachelors.

Thank you for your help. My H1 is expiring next month.

Sorry for the miscommunication. My case is EB2 and got an RFE on I140. I have 3 year B.Sc + 2 year PGD. My education evaluation is Bachelors in CS from Trustf*** with edge analysis. Got an rfe on my institution (IISc) from which I recieved 2 year post graduate diploma. I have 12 years of experience. The USCIS is not recognizing my 2 year PGD since it's not from an accredited university.

******Commenst from RFE****** Indian Institute of Science is not an accredited institution and has not recieved accreditation in US. and hence an alien who has not recieved degree from an accredited United states college does not qualify as a member of the profession within the stature granting prefrence classification.

Thanks and Besr Regards

Avi

• 2 weeks later...

Archived