Start Green Card concern

cancer001

Hi All

I have a US Master's degree in computer science and 4 years of IT experience. I used 4 years 3 months on my H1. My employer (MNC) is initiating GC process in EB3 as per Company policy. I requested them to start in EB2, but they said it will not be possible now but they can port it to EB2 in later stages.

1) Any suggestions which can convince my current employer to start in EB2 itself?

2) Is porting easy from EB3 to EB2 with the same employer but different job duties after I-140?

3) Is it ideal to start the GC in EB3 with current employer or move to a consulting firm who are willing to file it in EB2 (I have an offer)?

Please provide any other options/inputs based on your experiences.

Thanks

Become a "problem" employee by "convincing" your employer may find you unemployed.

You were hired into a job that does not qualify for EB2. You would have to get a new position meeting the porting to EB2 requirements.

Moving from a "real" job to a consulting firm is a step backward.

Thank You both. I understand what you are saying, I am not pushing them hard to modify it to EB2. I just made a request.

Yes, I am expecting a role change. if it qualifies for EB2 will porting be a straight forward process?

Any other suggestions?

Yes its a straight foward process, provided you have a good Attorney who does it for you.

Thank you all.

Will you please outline about the process to move to EB2, once I have an approved I-140? I know it will take months to get my 1-140 approved but want to plan early atleast now.

pontevecchio : There are very few people they sponsor GC's. I do not know, who they do it for.

t75: I was in an impression that it will be done in EB2 but thats not the case. With more than 4 years on H1 already I think I do not have enought time to get an EB2 REAL employer except consulting firm to do it.

Archived